From 1 May to 30 September dogs are only permitted on some beaches which are called ‘dog friendly’ beaches.
The dog friendly beaches are:
- the beaches between Longridge Avenue and the border with East Sussex (dogs banned from beach in front of Saltdean subway and first beach to the east)
- the beaches between Chailey Avenue and Arundel Drive, West Rottingdean (dogs banned from beach in front of Rottingdean slope and first beach to the east)
- beaches between West Marina Wall to Rottingdean slope**
- beaches between the west wall of Brighton Marina and up to Volks Railway Aquarium station.
- the beach in front and to the East of the Meeting Place Cafe, up to the large groyne with the lifering on. (Norfolk Groyne, opposite Ramada Jarvis Hotel)
- the beach opposite Holland Road through to the east of the Lawns Cafe, at the bottom of St John’s Road, Hove promenade
- the beach to the west of the King Alfred car park through to Sackville Gardens.
- the beach opposite Berridale/Welbeck Avenue through to the end of the Lagoon.
- dogs are allowed on the upper and lower promenade but must be on leads.
**Although the beach at Ovingdean Cafe is dog friendly, we ask all dog owners to be mindful of others, especially when the lifeguard post is open.