The dog friendly Burnhope Lodge is a fantastic property for large family get-togethers!
With its 9 bedrooms (all en-suite) and enormous lounge, plus a vast kitchen, it is perfect for friends or family to enjoy quality time together.
And let’s not forget our four-legged friends! Up to 4 dogs are welcome at Burnhope Lodge.
Burnhope Lodge enjoys a spectacular hillside position above the pretty village of Wearhead in County Durham.
It offers guests the opportunity to experience the traditional hospitality and elegance of a traditional sporting lodge in the heart of the Durham moorlands.
Inside Burnhope Lodge you can enjoy the enormous sitting room with sumptuous sofas, amazing views and large roaring fire.
The vast kitchen has an AGA and range cooker which will keep even the most experienced cooks happy, or why not take some time off and arrange for a local chef to come in and cater for you and serve at the grand formal dining table!
An impressive staircase takes you up to eight spacious bedrooms with panoramic views and en-suite bathrooms, whilst a further bedroom on the ground floor has a wet room and full facilities for the less mobile.
A study provides respite for those wanting some quiet time alone plus a drying room is on the ground floor to warm up coats and wellies before taking a bracing walk on the hillside.
Outside, there is a games room with a full-size snooker table, bar and television, a perfect spot to spend those rainy days.
Close to Burnhope Lodge, the is a large reservoir and endless miles of hill walks for the whole family including their canine companions to enjoy.
A visit to Burnhope Lodge will be a truly memorable experience with outdoor pursuits and endless walks, while at the end of long day, ultimate luxury and pampering await you.
Nine bedrooms: 5 x king-size doubles with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor family room with 1 king-size bed and 1 single en-suite shower, basin and WC. 3 x ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 16). Utility. Dining room with open fire. Sitting room with open fire. Study (seats 6) with open fire. Games room. Drying room. Gun room.
- Oil central heating with open fires in dining room, sitting room and study
- AGA and gas range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, drinks cooler, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, computer with internet access, WiFi, telephone, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel, power and fuel for open fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Patio area with furniture
- Fishing lake
- Large games room with full size snooker table, bar and TV
- Four well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 8 miles
- Note: This property is beside a reservoir
- Note: Butler, chef and housekeeper available on request