Cuckoostone Cottage is located on the outskirts of the popular Peak District town of Matlock and welcomes up to six dogs!
With stunning views across the fields, Cuckoostone Cottage offers you peace and isolation, with the knowledge that you are just 2 miles away from all the amenities of the historic market town of Matlock.
The popular Peak District town of Matlock, together with its neighbour, Matlock Bath, has been attracting visitors to the area since the spa was developed in the late 17th century. Set in the beautiful wooded gorge of the River Derwent, the Matlocks offer a range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as a host of attractions, several of which are dog friendly such as the Heights of Abraham. South of the town is the start of the High Peak Cycle Trail, whilst a short drive away is the National Tramway Museum at Crich which is also dog friendly. To the north are the market town of Bakewell and Chatsworth House and Park – not to be missed!
Cuckoostone Cottage is all on the ground floor and offers three bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities, whilst the fitted kitchen features a dining area.
The sitting room has a woodburner, perfect for you and your four-legged friends to curl up after a long walk, beamed ceilings and a feature stone wall. Cuckoostone Cottage also has a garden which has views over a golf course and fields which contain ducks, chickens and a donkey.
From the doorstep is a selection of fabulous walks and with the Peak District National Park just a short drive away, you are bound to find plenty of exciting activities to keep you and your canine companions occupied.
A wonderful cottage, all year round.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x four poster double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner and doors to garden.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Small enclosed front gravelled garden with bench, rear patio garden with furniture and views over fields
- Six well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Dogs must be kept on leads when outside the property due to animals in the surrounding fields
- Note: The unmetalled road leading to the cottage is not suitable for sports/low slung cars.