Up to four dogs can stay at St. Michael’s House, s charming semi-detached, Grade II listed, 16th century farmhouse surrounded by tranquil countryside in the beautiful hamlet of St Michael South Elmham.
Oozing character throughout, this cottage near Bungay provides an excellent base for families and friends to get together and enjoy rural Suffolk with their four-legged friends.
Downstairs in this St Michael’s cottage is a spacious sitting room with a cosy woodburning stove (perfect for your canine companion to dry off after a walk), whilst an additional easy access single bedroom, close to a basin and WC, has lovely views overlooking the south facing garden.
Both the kitchen and dining room at St Michael’s House boast huge beams and original inglenook fireplaces, with the kitchen offering an adjacent breakfast area.
Traditional cottage stairs lead up to the four bedrooms, all of which have wooden beams and beautiful old doors, whilst one of the two bathrooms houses a freestanding roll-top bath and walk-in shower.
To the rear of St. Michael’s House is a large enclosed one-acre lawned garden, perfect for your dogs to explore and play in while you enjoy a family BBQ.
St Michael South Elmham is one of a number of villages which together make up The Saints, named after the local churches, with nearby St Peter, South Elmham having a micro-brewery which guests can visit.
Four miles away is the small market town of Bungay, with a fine array of independent shops, tempting tea rooms and pubs, as well as Bungay Castle.
From this Suffolk cottage there is easy access to the southern tip of the Norfolk Broads, the historic city of Norwich, plus the popular seaside town of Southwold is just a short drive away. You will find several dog friendly pubs in Southwold but please note there are some restrictions on the beach.
St Michael’s House is a fabulous farmhouse for an enjoyable holiday.
Five bedrooms: 1 x super king size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single, 1 x ground floor single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Bathroom with freestanding bath, walk-in power shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Dining room. Sitting room with double sofa bed and woodburning stove.
- Biomass central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and single z-bed
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Enclosed rear garden with furniture and BBQ
- Shared front garden with pond
- Four well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 1.6 miles
- Note: There is a pond in the front garden, children and pets to be supervised
- Note: There are low beams and doorways throughout the cottage
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.