One of the over 3000 dog friendly Sykes Cottages, White Tor Lodge is an immaculately-presented detached barn conversion on a rare breed farm, within the Dartmoor National Park, a mile from the small village of Peter Tavy, and close to the market town of Tavistock.
Up to 3 dogs can stay at White Tor Lodge and its rural setting up on the moor makes it the perfect place for you and your canine companions to enjoy the excellent walking routes.
The interior of the dog friendly accommodation features oak flooring, exposed beams, luxurious soft furnishings and a stone fireplace housing a woodburning stove – ideal for your pets to curl up in front of after a long moorland walk.
The open plan living area opens out to a private enclosed sunny garden keeping your four-legged friends safe while you relax; whilst indoors, the woodburning stove will ensure that guests are always warm, whatever the season.
There is a very spacious mezzanine king-size double bedroom, along with a bathroom on the first floor, whilst on the ground floor is a twin bedroom and shower room.
White Tor Lodge is set on a small farm specialising in small breeds, and guests can make arrangements with the owner to see some of the animals, including goats, pigs, chickens, cows and ponies.
Tavistock has a good range of shops and some renowned restaurants and pubs – The Tavistock Inn will really welcome your four-legged friends; while the slopes of Dartmoor are on the edge of the town and are perfect walking territory for you and your dogs to explore.
With National Trust properties and outstanding gardens in the area, along with sandy beaches within an hour’s drive, this delightful dog friendly Sykes Cottage is the ideal base for exploring this stunning part of Devon.
Two bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility.
• Oil central heating with woodburning stove
• Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games, toys and DVDs
• Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
• Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
• Cot and highchair
• Off road parking for 2 cars
• Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
• Access to a dog walking area/paddock
• Three well-behaved dogs welcome
• Sorry, no smoking
• Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
• Seasonal shop on caravan site 2.5 miles
• Note: Two steps down to access prop and two steps down to access ground floor bedroom