Hello all dog pals and your Humans,
It is with great pleasure that I can announce the 2017 Have Dog Can Travel Dog Friendly Hotel of the Year ‘PAWARD’ had been presented to Trigony House, Dumfriesshire, Scotland! @Trigonyhotel
Hum & I visited Trigony back in 2015 and we returned in December on our way back from celebrating Christmas in Northern Ireland.
I can honestly say that Trigony has retained all its charm and amazing qualities and fully deserves the first of my PAWARDS to be given out!
So dear dog pals, what makes it so special? At Trigony:
- All 4-legged visitors get a great welcome and are made to feel like VIP guests
- There is a welcome letter waiting in the room with a box/tin of goodies including homemade Trigony biscuits and a lovely letter/map telling where to go for walkies
- Beds, bowls, shampoo and even food are available
- There is a dog wash station in the grounds and….
- A box of towels in the entrance
- There is a waste bin in the grounds complete with spare poo bags
- There are more places in the hotel where dogs are allowed than where they are restricted, including…..
- A lovely lounge/sitting room with a roaring fire and comfy seats
- The bar area – again with cosy fire and where we can sit and have a meal with our humans
- Water is always provided freely
- At breakfast all dog guests are offered a locally sourced sausage
- There are fabulous grounds to explore and woods nearby for longer walks
- Even the Christmas decorations feature dogs!
Adam who owns Trigony House believes if you are going to do something then you should do it wholeheartedly and this means Trigony really goes above and beyond most dog friendly venues to make dogs feel completely at home.
You can add to this list that although all rooms are lovely at Trigony, if you are lucky enough to book into the Garden Room, you have your own conservatory and enclosed private garden to enjoy!
Finally, we mustn’t forget the human-folk. They also get a luxurious and comfortable stay at Trigony House. Rooms are beautifully decorated; the pillows are fabulous; toiletries luxurious; there is proper coffee and real milk provided in the bedrooms; home-made shortbread on offer; free WiFi and a newly opened mini Spa.
The food is exceptional – locally sourced, perfectly cooked, with lots of home-made produce such as bread and biscuits and the bar is well stocked with a fantastic range of local whiskey and gin!
All in all, this is a very deserving place for Have Dog Can Travel’s first PAWARD for Dog Friendly Hotel of the Year 2017. It could be a hard one to beat but do submit nominations for 2018 and I will check them out in the coming months.